UX Design issues for an OSS Humanitarian tech tool

Hey folks,

I just wanted to surface an OSS project that has open UX issues in their GitHub here: Issues · FederationOfTech/Coalesce · GitHub

It’s worth reading more about the OSS tool called Coalesce here:

Coalesce is a 100% open-source volunteer management platform. Its mission is to make recruiting, onboarding, and managing volunteers as easy as possible. For volunteers, it is made to make finding tasks where you can contribute increadibly simple, allowing you to focus on contributing to the cause that means the most to you.

Coalesce is a Federation of Humanitarian Technologists member project. For more information on the work we do and how to work with us, please see our website.

Some features you can expect from Coalesce are:

• :mag: Easy browsing of existing volunteer opportunities
  • :loudspeaker: Register new events & recruit volunteers
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Check in volunteers at live events
  • :woman_mage: Generate reports on volunteer activities

Happy to support and mentor any designers interested in contributing to this project - they have a hackathon scheduled for November which you can find out about here: Join our Humanitarian Aid Hackathon to Manage Volunteers — The Federation of Humanitarian Technologists

2 Likes

I appreciate the knowledge you’re providing in your content. I found it useful and easy to understand about Coalesce. I would surely try this software to check how much it is beneficial.

Hi @Erioldoesdesign a great initiative the Federation of Humanitarian Technologists! I created an issue in their tracker, as the Federation seems like they feel right at home on the Federated Universe :slight_smile:

Re:Hackathons. They generally work well, to get people working on a lot of cool stuff. But they are also competitions, where more collaborative events may work even better given the topic at hand. Not yet launched, I am involved with Social Coding Movement and part of activities may involve organising such events for the Fediverse.

1 Like