Designer volunteers needed for FOSS Backstage's UX clinic session

Hi folks!

So a few months back we had a post about CFP/talks for FOSS Backstage 2021

Thread liked here

Open Source Design’s UX Clinic has been programmed in for:

Friday the 12th of February 2021 starting at 4 PM CET.
This would take place in parallel to the talks so there is no end time

We’re sorting out the logistics of how to run a virtual UX Clinic for FOSS Backstage but to volunteer you’ll need to:

1. Be available for at least 1 hour on Friday the 12th of February 2021 starting at 4 PM CET.

2. Be able to get online into a virtual chat/video service and have access to a mic/way to speak over the online video service.

3. Be happy to listen to OSS projects ask their UX and Design questions and review their projects if they ask. Offer this advice and guidance for free!

Anyone who can volunteer and meets the above criteria can you reply to this thread :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, I think I will be interested in this, can I get more details?

1 Like

Sure thing @onifa1

UX Clinics are quite simple, we have a group of designers that are present during the time slot of the clinic ‘open hours’. For FOSS Backstage it’s Friday the 12th of February 2021 starting at 4 PM CET. End time yet to be decided

We then get OSS projects and individuals (that are typically not designers) approach us and ask questions. Everything from ‘How does this logo look?’ to ‘What’s a good way to reach designers in OSS?’ to ‘How can I improve a particular section of our OSS tool?’
We spend a maximum of 10 mins with each person 1-2-1 design to OSS question asker and then move onto the next. If we don’t have many folks asking questions, we can spend longer with them.

Essentially, we give advice :slight_smile:

okay, I’m in, what is the next step ?

1 Like

Good question!

I’ve started a spreadsheet here for timeslots: FOSS Backstage 2021 Friday 12th at 4pm CET - OSD UX Clinic shifts - Google Sheets

But I’m waiting on some info from the conference organisers so stand by :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We still need more volunteers for this please! at least another 1 person per 1-hour slot would be great.

So people doing 1 hour between 4pm CET and 6pm CET on the 12th of February.

1 Like

Very happy to take 5-6 PM CET slot! Didn’t submit my talk proposal on time at least I can do this!

1 Like

Hello, I am new here, I think I may had an account 2 years ago, but I didn’t do much :slight_smile:

I just saw the call for help on Mastodon.

I already made this exercice for some French FLOSS projects and I have time for this friday, so I can be on every slot.

My area of expertise are: UX design, product design, research, usability, UX writing, non-tech users pain points.

1 Like

Also happy to help. UX/Product design for 15 years, 4 years in open-source, focusing on Bitcoin/crypto (also presenting on the topic). Either time slot works.

@netlenka amazing! I’ve added you to the spreadsheet linked here

@Natouille @onifa1 and @GBKS if you could add yourselves into a time slot (or slots) that’d be great.

I’ll also need an email from all of you so I can send voucher codes to register for the FOSS backstage conference platform once it’s live. You’ll be able to attend talks too if you’d like :smiley:

1 Like

@Erioldoesdesign finally added myself to the spreadsheet! :slight_smile: Thanks for organising.

1 Like