FOSS backstage & Mozfest 22 - Volunteer for the UX Clinic for open source!

FOSS backstage reached out to open source design again for 2022 to ask for a few things!

Firstly, more designers submitting talks!
You can enter proposals until 2021-11-15 23:59 (Europe/Berlin), 2 weeks from now.

Some question that you might want to discuss in your proposals are:

• How can people, who are scattered around the world work together on projects best?
  • Why is it important to convince people, businesses, cities or even states to use and develop Free and Open Source Software?
  • How can I sustain my FOSS project?
  • What Open Source business models are there?
  • How to best grow and maintain your open source communities and allies?
  • How to manage your relationship to those stakeholders and what role do OSPOs have in this?
  • What is the role of design in good open source projects?

I asked if they would be interested in any design workshops too so if you can a more collaborative and hands-on idea pitch that too!

UX Clinic

They are interested in OSD doing a UX clinic again (some of your volunteered in 2021) where we give design advice to OSS projects in a sort of 10 min advice round table format. Any designers in the community can volunteer to be part of this :slight_smile:

They also want us to be a community partner like last year. This means we get a virtual ‘stall’ and featured on their website.

They also have an in-person event in Berlin with limited space if anyone wanted to be a representative of OSD in person? probably best if you’re based in Berlin already for that one

@Erioldoesdesign What’s happen’ with the organising for this? I saw an update about it but then it all kinda went quiet.

Just seeing this. The UX clinic was interesting last year, wouldn’t mind participating again.

2 Likes

Hey folks!

I’m now wrangling volunteers for FOSS Backstage here:
17th March 2022 - 14:00 CET - 16:00 CET (1 hour slots)

We’re also wrangling volunteers for Mozfest UX Clinic
March 8th 2022 - 16.00pm CET - 17.00 CET - 1 hour total

Please head over to this spreadsheet to find the virtual rooms to join and also where to drop your names for time slots!

@GBKS still up for this?

@Natouille @netlenka and @belenbarrospena helped last year - would you like to help again?

I need everyone emails for a ticket to the conference to get you into the platform :slight_smile:

Yep, I’m down. Do you have my email? And should I enter my name in the spreadsheet?

1 Like

I’m sure I’ve got your email somewhere and yes - do drop your name in a time slot you can do!

Hi there, I would also like to volunteer to participate in the UX clinic. I think it would be a good opportunity to learn and contribute. I’ll add my name to the spreadsheet.

1 Like