Participants needed for design workshop to improve OSS-usability!

Hello, I am a part of a team of researchers from McGill University and Polytechnique Montreal conducting studies to understand and support the usability of free, libre, and open-source software (FLOSS). We are holding a design workshop-based study where participants will work together as a team to create the conceptual design of a tool that will improve the process to address usability of FLOSS. We are looking for participants who are (1) developers who contributed code to FLOSS in the past three months, (2) designers who contributed to the design or usability aspects of FLOSS in the past three months, and/or (3) end-users who have provided feedback at least once. Participation in our study will help inform researchers to later improve inclusion and accessibility for open source usability. The study will consist of an approximately three-hour synchronous design workshop via Microsoft Teams. You will receive a compensation of $60 for participating in the study. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this form: Microsoft Forms. If have any questions please contact me directly here or by emailing me at Jazlyn.hellman@mcgill.ca. Looking forward to hearing from you!

2 Likes

Hi @jazlynhellman, I couldn’t fill out the form. Says I can’t login in with a personal account. Kindly suggest a way forward.

Hello! Thank you for letting me know, I have just updated the settings and the link should work now. But just in case, here is the link again: Microsoft Forms.
Looking forward to discussing further!

1 Like

Woohoo! Thank you. Let me give it another try.

1 Like

Okay, the form works alright now.
Just a few questions. I don’t know if these contributions fit into your criteria for participation.

2 Likes

Hi! Yes, I think they do! But there is a place in the interest form to talk about your past experience in more detail if you have some reservations or questions and feel the need to do so.

1 Like

Great. Thank you. This have been helpful :smile:

1 Like

Hello Jazlyn :wave:, I hope you’ve been well. Once again, It was an exciting conversation we had at the workshop. Thank you for having me.

1 Like

Hello Koha, Thank you for your excellent participation, contributions, and discussions!

Also, we are still holding the workshops, so if anyone else is interested in participating, please fill out the link (Microsoft Forms) or contact me directly if you have any questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your kind words motivate me. And hey, I sent mail.