Introductions (come in, say hi)

Yes, I’d appreciate that. Username: dubemkun7

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am Abijith from India. I am a pre-final year computer science student who loves to design. I am new to this community, so looking forward to contributing and learning exciting things.

4 Likes

Welcome :smiley: please do join discussions or start your own here on topics you find interesting and consider coming along to a community call - we’ll be holding a community call that is IST timezone friendly as of Jan 2022 (our current community call is at 19.00 CET which is around midnight IST so very late)

Please let me know if you have a github account and would like to be added to the team for India :slight_smile:

Sure I would love to join the team :grin:.
My github username is Abjcodes

1 Like

Hi! :wave: Born in the year of the first The Simpsons episode. I got the chance to turn my hobby into my job to be the first full-time UX designer to step into beautiful open source Home Assistant. In my browser bookmarks are websites about gadgets and home automation. I love the latest technical innovations that make life easier and more fun.

I just found this community and looking forward to learning from each other!

5 Likes

Welcome! feel free to open topics here that you want to discuss and maybe we’ll see you on on of our monthly community calls :smiley:

1 Like

Hi! I’m a Junior UX Designer from the Philippines and I’m looking to use my skills for open-source projects. I’d love to be of help to people, so I’m excited about the prospects of this community! :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome! Feel free to open up new topics here for discussions and if you’d like to be added to a team on our github let me know your github username and whether you’d like Philippines or a city/town as a location :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I’m a product illustrator and I’m currently learning product design. I’m based in Nigeria. I got to hear about open source design for the first time today and i’m excited to be here. I look forward to contributing, learning and making meaningful relationships on here.

6 Likes

Welcome! if you have questions or topics you’d like to discuss please do start a forum thread with the topic :smiley: if you’d like to be added to a team on our github let me know your github username.

1 Like

Hi all! I’m Mars, a front-end developer and designer. I was at the February Open Source Design call. Thank you for organizing the Open Source Design track of the FOSDEM conference. In fact, I’m giving a talk at FOSDEM this upcoming Saturday: Why Designers are the Mediators of Accessibility!

It’s on Feb 5, Saturday, UTC 0 2:30-3pm. Click here for the event time in your local time zone.

Can’t wait to meet more people in this community at FOSDEM and beyond!

5 Likes

hey hey! glad to have you here wanna get added to a regional team on our github? @MarsBarLee

2 Likes

Sure! @Erioldoesdesign

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m a frontend developer looking to contribute to an open source designs! If anyone has recommendations on where I can get started, I would greatly appreciate it!

3 Likes

Hi Mark,

Have a look at the Jobs page. There are also small, volunteer tasks posted there. Sometimes, open source projects have small design groups, too. Maybe projects you use have one as well?

2 Likes

hello guys i am opeyemi a UIUX designer and i have been working for 2years now , i am availble for collaborations and jobs.

Thanks ,
hope

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
my name is Marlene. I am a graphic designer and photographer from Austria. I made some graphics for FSFE and love the software Penpot. I spend my time on an awareness campaign about the importance of Free Software. It also has a website (in german): freeyoursoftware.fyi
Nice to meet you all and looking forward to learning from each other!

4 Likes

Jumping in- I’m a product designer from Lagos currently exploring themes around usability and data transparency. Also pretty big on ownership in design and how it affects usability.
First time getting into open source design and for a platform made for designers, the barrier to entry is high lol. The irony isn’t lost on me.
I am however determined to be of value and figure this out.
Here’s to flattening the learning curve.

@diposoffree

3 Likes

I would like to be added
GitHub- realdipo (Dipo Apelehin) · GitHub
@realdipo

1 Like

Hello everyone,
my name is Rahul. I am a Visual Designer with 6 years of experience from India. I am really good at creating eye candy. You can check out my portfolio. It also create ambient sounds and upload them on Humminglight.com
I am immediately available to pick up projects, looking forward to learning from you guys.

4 Likes