Notes from Feb 3rd 2021 community call
- We did a quick round of intros
- FOSDEM 2021 - Open Source Design devroom
- Saptak, Bernard and other folks have joined the Element/Matrix chat rooms. https://chat.fosdem.org.
- Search for Open Source Design dev room
- AP: Emails need to go out to speakers to join this and help
- AP: Speakers need to be present in both the rooms. Saptak to check the list via Bernard
- Suspect there will be widgets over the chat rooms with the talks and then an area for questions with most votes.
- Moderation, how will this happen?
- Assign any people as moderator volunteer.
- How many per talk? 3-4 people per session due to potential issues.
- AP: Bernard to send out a poll of session times for volunteers
- Eriol will do tweeting from the OSD Twitter account as talks happen. Eriol can schedule the tweets if needed
- Pitch session will happen at the end of each day’s session. People turn up at the matrix room (?) then people take turns to pitch their projects or ask for projects.
- Our FOSDEM21 hashtag can be:
- If anyone wants to submit the UX Clinic FOSS fringe event for the UX Clinic: FOSDEM 2021 - Fringe submission
- Saturday finishes at 17:30, Sunday 17:20
- Session scheduling and cut off is being double-checked by Bernard.
- Eriol will organise FOSDEM 2022!
- Perrie will help if she can!
- Suggest for next year, let’s suggest a hackathon: redesign Pentabarf !!!
- Virtual beers on Friday night for OSD?
- Cool FOSDEM stuff: FOSDEM 2020 - Mobile schedule apps
- We show up 10-15 mins before our session and then stick around for questions etc. platform is all automated.
FOSS Backstage UX Clinic
- We have 3 ish volunteers which is great!
- Eriol will send out the registration links via email to volunteers. We could do with at least two more volunteers.
- Lots of good design talks are happening!
SOS Design podcast
- Need guests and topics! suggest any of these or both
- Eriol did the regular Sustain OSS podcast recently and will post when it’s live.
- Perrie is also doing an episode!
- Discuss and hold conversations around OSD, more collaboration, wider community, sustain tools, processes.
- Grew out of Sustainoss conference conversations about design being part of how OSS is sustained better generally