Monthly Open Source Design call

Hey folks :wave:

The monthly call is scheduled to happen today at 18.00pm GMT which I believe is at 20.00 CEST.

link is: https://meet.jit.si/opensourcedesign

I’ll be facilitating and I propose and agenda that looks like:

• Intros
  • Latest happenings on the forums and Open Design Projects
  • AOB

Hey everyone!

The monthly call is due to happen today at CEST 19.00 // GMT 18:00 // IST 22.30 // JST 02.00 // EAT 18.00 // EDT 13.00 // PDT 10.00

I’ll be on the call in the room at this time hosting: https://meet.jit.si/opensourcedesign

I propose the same agenda as last time:

As with last month if nobody shows up in the first 15 mins to 20 mins I’ll leave the call :slight_smile:

Hopefully see some people there!

1 Like

Thanks for this, @Erioldoesdesign

I think I can make this one! :slight_smile:

Quick question: can you explain what AOB/Tensions is about?

1 Like

Ah AOB & Tensions are a hangover from my day to day job.

Just if anyone has any other business or tensions they want to raise in the group it gives space for non-agenda related items

The monthly call is today, right? Or did anything change schedule-wise meanwhile? :slight_smile:

@jan Yep the call is tonight at 18.00 BST so 19.00 CEST (I think! if my math is correct!)

Speak to folks on the call later. Let’s check in with notes from last month and see if there’s any key actions to carry forward

Sup cool cool people! The call is coming round again (Wednesday 6th November at 18:00 GMT // 19:00 CEST // 23:30 IST // 14:00 EST // 11:00 PST // 21:00 EAT // 00:00 JST)

https://meet.jit.si/opensourcedesign

Annnnnnd let’s think agenda!

• Apache con < How did this go!? I’m super keen to hear

• Mozfest < Also how did this go? I have some nice updates :smiley:

• All things open conf < I spoke to some good folks at this conf and there are some opportunities for collaboration!

• DesignUP conference in Bangalore

• Open UP! Summit in Taipei

• CA/SF Bay Area meet up

• Is the repo cloning working now?

• Are there active issues to work on to support OSD stuff?

• Something re. Governance docs

• AOB

1 Like

Somehow I managed to forget the call again. Oh well, there is always next month :upside_down_face:

can we add to the agenda an item for the OSD Bay Area meetup?

1 Like

It’s on the 6th of November so there’s still time :smiley:

I’ve added it to the agenda :smiley:

Oh, right! Haha sorry I got confused :smiley:

1 Like

I will most probably not make it to the call today :\ we have a workweek and an event today clashing with it.

One thing we talked about during ApacheCon the other week was that everyone who hasn’t yet could look over the Open Source Design manifesto we worked on during the Summit last year – possibly something to do before the call and briefly discuss then:

cc @bumbleblue @elioqoshi @jdittrich @cameralibre in case you are going to attend the call :slight_smile:

Please add the EFA to the agenda

Added to the agenda!

1 Like

I’m listening to pop music and dancing in the call link https://meet.jit.si/opensourcedesign

Is the call still happening? I’m in the call now, but no one is here

It looks like the call was an hour ago :cry:
Let’s update this message with 10 am PDT :blush:

Looks like the daylight savings ruined my time scheduling I’m so sorry!

Apologies for my daylight savings timings snafu…I always try to include multiple timezones in the text but I’m not always aware of time changes outside the UK :frowning:

Here are the notes from me and @dmichl we mostly talked about stuff from All Things Open that were USA based.

• All things open articles for opensource.com - collaboration between Eriol + Dina

• Eriol spoke with Vicky Brassuer and talked about governance of OSD and OSD book publishing opportunity/connection.

• Dina spoke on the EFA - on and off running after them with some questions.

• Why aren’t we receiving emails to our core email list.
    • Add Eriol to the email list and both us added to the mastodon
    • Posting the EFA call info on the discourse forum so that other OSD people can join if they.
    • No good entry point re. helping the orgs that are part of the EFA 79 orgs (OSD included) Give a platform to give us converges with their focus with digital rights etc.
  • Eriol spoke on meeting the head of OSS at Indeed and the interest in sponsoring some open design workshops in SF with Indeed design team and wider community. AP: add on the Discourse the info etc. < expression of interest