Monthly Open Source Design call

Hi all,

You’ve got 1 more day to vote on what day we should move the monthly call to. You can vote here:

I will close the poll tomorrow (about midnight UTC +1) and then send the results.

Any questions, suggestions, grumps, send them my way. :slight_smile:

The poll is closed now. We’ll now get the votes from our Internet jury. :stuck_out_tongue:

The question

What day in the first week of the month do you want to change the monthly meeting to?

The options were Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

10 people voted.

Number of votes cast

• Monday - 5 votes
  • Wednesday - 7 votes
  • Thursday - 3 votes
  • Friday - 1 vote

Result

The result is we will change the day of the monthly meeting to the first Wednesday of the month.

@jan I think you have the powers over the calendar reminder, can you date it?

Which means we’ll be having our first meeting of the month in 20 days, 6th of June.

Some questions:

• Agenda?
  • Still on jitsi? (I think so)
2 Likes

The calendar at Open Source Design is updated with the recurring event and all infos inside. :slight_smile:

And yes, still on Jitsi as usual: Jitsi Meet

1 Like

@jan is there url that I can subscribe to for that calendar?

Sorry, the correct link is Open Source Design – There are subscribe and download buttons in the top right. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everyone remember our call today at 19:00 CEST / Berlin (13:00 EDT / New York):
Jitsi Meet :slight_smile:

Also subscribe to the calendar! :calendar:

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder about our upcoming monthly call next Wednesday, September 5th, at 19:00 CEST / Berlin (13:00 EDT / New York) at

https://meet.jit.si/opensourcedesign (https://meet.jit.si/opensourcedesign)

Some of the topics we need to discuss:

• FOSDEM
  • The Summit
  • OSI

Please add anything else that’s missing: I am sure I am forgetting a ton of stuff.

2 Likes

Is the monthly call meant to be happening today? I’m in the jitsi room but there’s nobody else here…

Is anybody keen to have another call before the Summit?

Ah sorry, I’m at a workweek and totally missed it. :confused:

@elioqoshi is all set for the summit or should we have a call?

No problem - it also doesn’t need to be a call, the forum would also work fine.
I guess I’m just curious about what the plans are for the summit, if there’s anything that we can help with, if there are particular topics that people want to work on, etc.

1 Like

Hi!

Sorry, I missed this as well.

All is good to go for the summit. Content depends purely on all of us so feel free to design that yourself or just arrive and do a full unconference style session format.

We only have some logistical things to do (catering, some printouts) and some outreach to local designers and the local hackerspace. @mariana will help with that as well I hope.

For website related changes @AnXh3L0 can do PR’s with updates

We also have a photographer who will be around all Saturday to take photos of the event and headshots (if you like)

3 Likes

Is there a monthly call scheduled for Feb 2019? I’m keen to check back in with how things are :smiley:

1 Like

According to Open Source Design the next one is planned for 6 March.

1 Like

Is there the monthly meeting today/now?

I’ve got the Open Source Design call as on today at 18.00 GMT is this on?

It’s always on the first Wednesday of the month, 19:00 CET (Berlin, Amsterdam, etc.) :slight_smile: https://opensourcedesign.net/events/open-source-design-monthly-online-meeting/

I unfortunately was out that Wednesday, and will be traveling next month too. Who was in the call?

@Erioldoesdesign

As you can see we haven’t been very consistent with the calls anymore. If you’d like to do some light scheduling of them and take the lead on them, I think that would be more than welcome!

3 Likes

@elioqoshi I can totally do that :smiley:

2 Likes

Great! I think at this point it might be a better idea to vote on a new time with a Doodle (or something else. we need an OS doodle alternative!). Happy to help if you need something :slight_smile: