Introductions (come in, say hi)

Welcome @Toria!
We ‘re super excited to have you here :slight_smile:

Hi @Erioldoesdesign Can you also add me on GitHub @isaaczara ?

Thank you so much Zara

1 Like

Hola! :wave:
I’m Max, a Sr Product Designer from Uruguay currently based in upstate NY, and looking to contribute to some open-source projects, and learn some cool stuff on this really interesting community I just found. Thank you all in advance! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Hello Max, great to have you here with us!

1 Like

Hello, my name is Jonas Sousa, I’m from Fortaleza-Ceará in the Northeast of Brazil.
I’ve been working with interface design (and a little front-end) for some time now and I’m very interested in cooperatives, that’s how I discovered Open Design and every day I’m more interested in learning and being able to participate.

3 Likes

Hi @onaSousa and @maximogomez let me know if you have github usernames and I can add you to country specific open source design teams on our github project :smiley: also welcome!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m glad to be here, my GitHub username is ¨maximogomez¨.

BTW: Do we have here a place to share some design open source ideas?

1 Like

You can totally do that here on this forum! create a new topic and start a thread about anything related to open source design, open-source or design :smiley: we’re very open and welcoming so don’t hesitate to just, start a new thread!

1 Like

Thanks for the reception, I hope to be able to participate and learn from everyone.
My Github username is onaSousa.

Hello! I’m Grant, and Interaction Designer from Scotland, been working mostly on embedded product UI’s (medical devices) but the occasional iOS app and website. Hoping to contribute and collaborate on interesting projects here!

3 Likes

Heyall, :wave: Thanks to @jan for the invitation to join Open Source Design’s Discourse.

My name’s Jules aka @lotusleafstyle & I’m an open-source enthusiast. I have a background in communications, community building, marketing, pr & event management as an entrepreneur w/ startups, not-for-profits & other co’s. My older brother was an oss dev 20+ yrs ago & I’m very passionate about supporting open-source. I’d like to contribute to this community, so pls don’t hesitate to dm me here or on Twitter @lotusleafstyle if I can help in any way :purple_heart: I’ve just started building a new startup, Openess.dev whereby we want to help OSS devs do more of what they love.

I’m a mom of two & love my kiddos! I also love to travel, snowboard, dance, and listen to podcasts, so much so that I recently created my own podcast in an effort to learn more deeply about open-source. I’m based in Toronto, Canada, and part-time (pre-Covid) in Copenhagen, Denmark.

4 Likes

I’m Nicolas Vérité, or Nÿco
I live in Paris, France.
I run https://twitter.com/ExperienceHack3 “Experience Hacking”, or how to do more design (dive, learn, adopt) from an opensource developer perspective
I am a Product Owner/Manager. To the often-asked question: “What’s Product Management”, I often answer by “PM = Build + Marketing + Sales” (of course, in “Build”, there is Dev, design ops…).
I can contribute some PM tactics and best practices to opensource projects.
opensourcedesign rocks, I’ve met you guys many times, mostly at FOSDEM, I am here to share and have fun!

4 Likes

Hi there @GrantDesigns @lotusleaf and @nyconyco ! welcome :smiley:

If you’d like to be added to any of the teams in our github let me know your github username.

You might wanna check out maybe the last monthly community call notes? Monthly Open Source Design call - #113 by Erioldoesdesign

2 Likes

I’m at @lotusleafstyle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Erioldoesdesign my account is @grantdesigns though I am a complete novice with Github so will need to read up on that.

Hello, I’m Vee, a UI/UX designer.
I’ve been trying to get into open source design for a really long time, thankfully, I came across an article by Victory Brown on how to get started with open source. Glad to be here.

My GitHub username is VeeChukwuma

3 Likes

Hello, my name is fajenbola Yetunde. I am an UI/UX designer. I have so happy to be hear. My GitHub username is@ayyet

5 Likes

Hi there :wave: welcome! where are you based? what country?

Hi everyone,
I am Giulia Guizzardi, Innovation Officer at eLife since January this year. I am here because we are really active in the open, as Innovation Initiative we fund projects, and we try to create events for making things happen.

I am based in Berlin and right now organizing the Innovation Sprint 2021 at eLife, an opportunity for projects to flourish and a 2-day marathon of talents.

It’s really nice to be here!

4 Likes