We spoke briefly about FOSDEM 2021 in the last monthly meeting but here’s our official thread!
FOSDEM 2021 will take place on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 February 2021 as an online event.
If people could reply to this if they are interested in doing organisation for FOSDEM 2021 for the open source design community. I expect we’ll need to ask/pitch for a open source design ‘room’ again and I’d appreciate some of the people who have done this before advising how we get a room
The kinds of things we’ll need to do once we know if we have a room or not:
- Create a call for proposals
- Maintain and decide on the talks accepted and schedule timings
- Assess any speaker needs. (equipment, wifi/data costs)
- Virtual booth and virtual ‘UX clinic’?
- Can we make virtual swag? stickers/twitter/mastodon images? Some kind of photo filter? idk
- Anything else!