Project Website: (https://www.archesproject.org/)
Compensation: Full-time salaried job (scale: $93,148.20 - $113,330.19)
Job description: Seeking an information technology professional to fill the position of Project Manager at the Getty Conservation Institute supporting the Arches Project, an open source data-management platform providing a robust suite of software tools for a broad range of data-management needs of the international cultural heritage community. The software integrates a wide range of modern and innovative tools, including semantic, geospatial, and web technologies. Role will include:
- Use project management skills, as well as knowledge of open-source technologies and semantic technologies, to manage community activities and resources for the Arches Project.
- Manage projects and activities that support the formation of a new sub-community dedicated to Arches for Science, designed to manage information gathered as part of technical studies of cultural heritage objects and help heritage scientists and organizations manage their research data concerning objects as diverse as paintings to prehistoric artifacts.
- Create technical documentation and promotional content, including presentations, webinars, forum posts, blogs, social media copy, and publications in professional and academic journals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive software analysis, development, and implementation experience, with a preference for open-source software implementation
- 0-2 years information technology project management experience
Contact Person: firstname.lastname@example.org
Relevant Links: Apply through Jobs (Getty Trust)