So this event just wrapped up, but I wanted to share some of the happenings for anyone who is interested.
The Inkscape and GIMP teams got together to host a booth, which was really well received. Here are the banners I did up for the occasion. The Krita and Kdenlive teams have expressed interest in having theirs done and eventually I want to have a “Creative Freedom Suite” set that we can ship around to events upon request.
Here are the presentations for those here may find interesting:
- Nate Willis - So we have free web fonts; now what? - https://youtu.be/DxW2XyWA5jA?t=3h46m47s
- Tom Lechner - Laidout - https://youtu.be/RJBiphap2dg?t=14m39s
- Ted Gould - Extending Inkscape with SVG Filters - https://youtu.be/RJBiphap2dg?t=1h10m27s
- JT Nelson - Democratizing Hollywood and Game Industry Technology with Open Source - https://youtu.be/tD4MjPUkgZk?t=16m48s
- JT Nelson - Busting Things Up with the Fracture Modifier VFX Branch of blender 3D - https://youtu.be/RJBiphap2dg?t=3h8m49s
- Matt Lee - Making freely licensed movies with freely licensed tools - https://youtu.be/RJBiphap2dg?t=4h16m47s
- Ryan Gorley - Developers, Developers, Developers—How About Creatives? - (audio) https://youtu.be/RJBiphap2dg?t=5h13m40s (slides) https://dijt.co/extras/ryan-gorley-scale-presentation-d2.pdf
- Pat David - Why the GIMP Team Obviously Hates You - https://youtu.be/RJBiphap2dg?t=6h41m46s
- Mica Semrick - Git for Photographers - https://youtu.be/RJBiphap2dg?t=7h39m55s
Due to technical issues the video is really bad in mine, but the audio is good and hopefully you can follow along in the slides. I would love any feedback you all have.
I hope these are of value!