Podcast about Open Source Design

Tomorrow I will be talking to the good folks from the WeCodeDesign podcast

http://wecodesignpodcast.com/

It is a Spanish podcast and, thanks to their interactions with @Xaviju and @victoria-bondarchuk , they want to do an episode about us!

Because it has to be in Spanish and because @Xaviju thinks it should be a designer talking to them, it has ended up falling onto me. But as usual, it should be a group sort of thing. So, my question for you all is:

What things would you like me to talk about, bring up, you believe is important I mention, etc, etc about our community?

Thanks!

7 Likes

@belenbarrospena Have fun! Looking forward to listen to it!

Very nice @belenbarrospena - have fun. Well I guess they will have their questions so it will come natural, but you could review a bit the interview we gave to Open Collective https://medium.com/open-collective/meet-the-open-source-design-collective-96e81261f76 since it was written collectively at that time :slight_smile: so it’s a good reference.

Don’t forget to mention at the end that they can meet us at FOSDEM, and for more discussions on the forum.

2 Likes

Thanks both! They have asked me to move the recording, so it will happen at the end of July instead of today.

That gives everybody a bit more time to add to this thread!

If someone could summarize the episode in English (once it’s out), I would appreciate it! Have fun, @belenbarrospena!

Awesome! I fully trust you to do OSD justice :wink:

Maybe remember to mention the summit we’re planning in October?

Speaking of…

Ah, yes, good point about the summit. Thanks!

Just an update on dates: podcast recording rescheduled for July 26th.

3 Likes

Cool! :slight_smile: Let us know how it went then, and if there maybe is a text version or a short accompanying blog post for it we can translate. :smiley:

In any case even if it’s only in Spanish, we should then spread the word about it on Twitter and such!

I will and I will let you know when they make it available.

I will try to write something summarising the content, or translate the transcription, depending on how much time I have :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can help with content transcription :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent. Transcribing should be feasible between 2. Thanks!

@Xaviju that would be much appreciated!

Hi all,

The recording was supposed to happen yesterday, but we have postponed it to September. I don’t think it makes any difference to us, and after the summer works better for the producers.

I’ll post the new date when arranged.

Haha, this podcast is a tease!

2 Likes

That sounds great! This makes me wonder if we could record our own podcast maybe? Every time we meet at a major event? (OSD Summit, FOSDEM, FOSSASIA, OpenTechSummit). We could gather topics and points people want to talk about and cover them on the podcast. I own a pretty good Rode Podcaster mic so the quality would be solid as well. Basic Audacity skills should suffice to edit the end result. What do you think?

3 Likes

I would absolutely listen to The Open Source Design Podcast or whatever it’s called! :slight_smile:

I love this idea about being an irregular event-based podcast :).