Hi you all,
I’m Gio, I would like to introduce to you Elliot for Water, a search engine that donates water with your searches.
Elliot is of course open source and transparency and openness are strong values for our startup.
We are in the process of redesign the website, starting from the home page.
I’m currently taking care of it but I’m more of a developer than a designer (I’m a former designer but I don’t design anymore since 10+ years.)
I would really appreciate your tips on how to improve our design.
Current version: elliotforwater.com/
- We need to improve our communication. Right now new users that land on our page doesn’t have a simple and clear explanation what the project is about and how they can help.
- We need a more attractive design. So far it looks outdated.
What elements must be on the page:
- we need to have the explanatory video (I heard nowadays video are even more powerful than images and would make sense to put the video as early as possible, from a UX perspective. What do you think?)
- explanation of the project and how it works
- newsletter signup
- we are more than open to change our brand colors (primary and secondary) but struggle to find the perfect ones. We think makes sense to stay around blue/azure because of the water but we like also something warmer like yellow since Elliot comes from Elio/Helios, the sun’s god and it means life, the life we can support with our water projects.
- we do not have a design yet. We had someone helping out with the design, that’s why we have some custom illustrations, but not anymore.
I appreciate a lot your inputs!