Open Design event: Taipei

We’re at Open UP global summit in Taipei (as well!) doing an ‘Open Design’ workshop which is testing a methodology, workshop structure, and repo/file set-up in order to see if we can boost design contributions to a specific open-source product. For the first two workshops, we’re using Ushahidi’s TenFour tool which is a crisis communication tool.

We’ll be looking at how designers can improve certain issues within the TenFour repo with the context being around the Tropical Cyclones and Typoons.

If any OSD folks are around the area please let me know if you’d like to be part of the team in delivering the workshop and/or a participant.

Hi Eriol,

I’d like to have gone to this workshop but I was holed up in a different event. How did it go? How did the method work out? Any interesting outcomes?

The Taipei one is happening this week! (did I put the wrong dates?)

Planning on reporting back after December on the method and outcomes from both Bangalore and Taipei but some interesting results so far…some easier to implement than others! Some downright community cohesion challenges.

1 Like

Ah OK I understood “we’re at…” literally. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing about it at the monthly meeting.