March 03 2021
Mini intros round! for new people
Jobs page update
- Eriol has been doing some ‘clean up’ of the jobs postings. Emailing people from the most recent years to the older years.
- Saptak’s fix for the margins and views was merged!
- Juhan’s opened a new issue re. github submission error.
- Figma: Figma Started a jobs page layout design file jump in and help design the jobs page!
Some ideas for the jobs page improvements:
- Many projects give emails or issue links/repos but plenty of designers still reply to forum threads wanting to contribute. We need a clear and single way for designers to start the job process and it needs to be super clear for the job poster that they need to engage in X way with designers.
- We could encourage a discourse forum post immediately after the job post PR is accepted to get better responses.
- Deadlines are really useful for our own admin purposes. Some job posts have them included but I think it’d be good to ask job posters for an idea of deadline.
- We could also be: Keep for X weeks or so. Does not need to be called deadline
- Or “Receiving submissions/applications until”
- Categories for the jobs posting form and forum
- Support to write your design needs via a call @scottjenson suggested this.
- ‘I’m a designer that can do X,Y and Z. Contact me to ask for help’. Create a profile from scratch? do we help designers make a github profile.
Could we pay someone to do some of what we want to happen across OSD.net and the jobs page?
AP: Eriol to start a new thread on forum to gather jobs page ideas and work. DONE
- How do we deal with deadlines that have past?
- Is the job board successful?
- Shall we do an article for the successful jobs postings from over the years?
- How can we push forward @Kai 's showcase design for homepage?
- AP: Eriol can start to collect the successful projects and doing writing.
- Closed successfully or closed unsuccessfully?
- Do we want to assign metrics/analytics?
- Do we want to think about matomo? Hosting and privacy investigation needed.
- Sorting the job forum posts via views most?
- Why are visuals/logos etc ‘easier’ to fill? or filled more?
- Collect opinions of designers that have contributed and ones that haven’t.
- Open Action: Someone can do a round-up article/page of FOSDEM 2021
- AP Eriol: Check videos are all online and approved
- We did it! yay! we had 247 in the dev room at one point!
FOSS Backstage - UX Clinic
- Went well! not as busy but still interesting
Mozfest 2021 - UX clinic
- Session link: mozfest-2021-website
-All the casinos backed out lol.