Jobs - Make a logo for the podcast

Role: logo design, brand design

A logo that works in small and large sizes in a square format and some brand exploration

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://opensourcedesign.net/jobs/jobs/2020-09-29-
3 Likes

Done!
Shooting to @Erioldoesdesign ‘s mail soon🎉

1 Like

In the interests of openness I’m gonna ask that people submitting design ideas add them to the thread here :slight_smile:

1 Like

One designer asked:
What do you want people to be reminded of when they see the logo?

My answer to this would be the audience needs to understand this is about opening conversations about design. It needs to be approachable and friendly, not-corporate. Something that communicates the inclusion and growth of designers through conversation and being honest. Open Source is a nice addition, but hard to communicate visually often :slight_smile:

Link attached below is my Logo Proposal for Sustainable Open Source Design (SOS Design)

Feel free to drop comments:)

-Zara

6 Likes

SecondDesign

These are the three design ideas that i had done for the logo proposal. i am currently still learning more on front end website or logo design. thank you for giving this opportunity for me to learn more about design.

2 Likes

@Erioldoesdesign @jwf any feedback on the #SOSDesign logo?

1 Like

I’ve just followed up with other designers that wanted to submit. After I hear back from them the podcast group will discuss which logo they want to move ahead with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @XuaiZhe01I like the first one and I’d love to see some versions where you work with this more and explore the flow shape, arrow and microphone. consider the following:

1. Changing the size of the microphone to be larger
  2. The size of the flower petals to be part of the microphone
  3. Can petals look like arrows

Sketch and play around with these shapes so more and well done for continuing your learning into design :smiley:

As usual Zara, your graphic design and visual design is so good!

I especially like the ‘tessellating’ shapes. The designer in me likes this more than the logo :joy: but obviously the logo is also great!

I’ll see if the rest of the team have any critique but I cannot find any!

1 Like

Hi @Erioldoesdesign

Attached herein is the link to the logo proposal for Sustaining Open Source Design (SOS Design).

Link: http://bit.ly/SOSDesignLogo

1 Like

Hi, I have tried to create another logo based on the description given, the created logo is more or less based on the first design. this sketch I have made the microphone the center of attention and bigger compare to the first one. Sorry of the late reply, my internet line connectivity is not pretty good, in the past few days.

1 Like

@digitalforus I love this brand treatment it’s so beautiful! I don’t have any constructive critisim!

@XuaiZhe01 Well done! this treatment works great :slight_smile: thanks for taking the feedback and developing!

I just wanted to put a note here to say that the group have voted and chosen @isaaczara 's logo for the podcast but thank you all for your contributions! I hope that you learned something and have a new piece of work for your portfolios!

I’d like to do a tweet about the podcast logos and use the images you’ve provided if that’s okay? So we can give the folks who submitted some promo. Can you let me know what links I should include in promo (websites/portfolios etc.)

2 Likes

Wow! Congratulations @isaaczara . Thank you @Erioldoesdesign .

As regards the link, here is it; https://digital4us.disha.page/

1 Like

I ‘m glad to be a contributor to the great things that will pop out from SOS DESIGN.

1 Like

Congrats! There’s some lovely story telling there :+1:!

1 Like