Introductions (come in, say hi)

Hi there!

I’m a free software activist with a knack for minimalist design. I recently moved to Brussels where I started a non-profit called Petites Singularités, whose mandate is to explore aesthetic arrangements based on existing and emerging collective practices with free software. I also registered a company called Symphrene which I mention just because I like the logo :slight_smile:

This year I was appointed to the programming direction of the Libre Software Meeting that happens to mention design a lot, although unfortunately (almost?) nobody from here seems to have proposed anything. Although the CFP is now closed, it would be nice to have more design there. One of the topic I insisted on for LSM is to define a Libre Aesthetics: engagement, participation, cooperation which I invite you to explore in a conversation on p.s.:'s own discourse towards an upcoming publication.

With devuan I tried hard to figure a way that includes users and designers in the process, but unfortunately my plan was ditched for obscure reasons (and is being reimplemented step by step with another platform) after I had spent a year working on it. I think kindness is an underrated design pattern.

4 Likes