FLOSSUX - A project about stronger UX in FLOSS projects!

Hi @dani763f

Wow, what a wonderful resource you have created. I love the fact that you used Just the Docs to present it too.

If you’d like to PR to delightful-humane-design… it would be a great resource there. I’ll also refer to your work at Humane Tech Community and announce it on the (all-FLOSS) Fediverse. Such valuable insights.

Regarding Fediverse… I think it has potential to become “Social Media Reimagined”, but it ‘suffers’ from the overly technical mindset - as you describe too - of its developers. Therefore at the SocialHub community I am advocating to adopt broader perspectives and attract people with different backgrounds and skillsets to the community. Among others in the Fediverse Futures category. The decentralized nature of the Fediverse and the way it allows a wide range of applications to be seamlessly integrated (in theory) poses very intriguing UX challenges. I don’t know what your plans are re:FLOSS involvement, but might be interested to keep an eye on innovations in the field and get involved :slight_smile:

PS. I’d also like to point at some recent discussions in our community that go well beyond UX, but are ultimately related: What makes a humane technologist?, Values-based social design and some Humane Design resources I posted earlier.

Update: I tooted the Fediverse here and posted to HTC here.

1 Like