Vote on Open Source Design devroom at FOSDEM 2019

:trumpet::trumpet:Attention!! Attention!!:trumpet::trumpet:

FOSDEM 2019 devroom session voting is ready!

I had planned on experimenting with using Discourse for voting, but due to personal reasons I didn’t have enough time. We can try next year.

Voting deadline
You have until :timer_clock: midnight TUESDAY 18th December 2018 :timer_clock: to vote!

Rules on voting
:+1: The only rules are:

1. You have 13 votes (from all the sessions listed, you must select the 13 you would like to see included in the devroom).
  2. Don’t vote for your own talk

This is a blind review, so don’t ask for the speaker name. Some smart people will be able to infer speaker, we can’t do much about that.

How do I vote?

1. Follow the link to the voting spreadsheet

2. Read through each talk submission.

3. Put your name in 1 of the available cells -
    FOSDEM_2017_-Open_Source_Design_Schedule-_Google_Sheets

4. If you like a talk, put 1 on the row (remember: you have 13 votes).

When voting closes, we’ll add them up votes. The highest voted talks will then go into the schedule.

I need help voting!
If you have any questions or need help, let us know.

2 Likes

How many votes per person? :slight_smile: Thanks for organizing this

Apparently 14 :slight_smile: k

Sounds like a lot. Do we have 14 slots available?
I don’t see the “Pitch your project” and “Open Source Design Community” sessions.

I believe there should be 13 votes per person.

• There are 15 slots of 30 minutes.
  • 2 slots are taken by the “Pitch your project” and “Open Source Design Community” sessions (the spreadsheet assumes those are going in, as per our last community call. That’s why they are not listed).
  • So we have 13 presentation slots
2 Likes

Question for everyone:

Do we want to advertise the voting process wider, e.g. Twitter, than the Open Source Design community? (i.e. this forum)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

A final reminder that voting for FOSDEM devroom sessions closes tonight.

If you still haven’t voted please do before 23:59 tonight!

To everyone who’s submitted a talk - you cannot vote on your own talk.

The instructions and link is :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

Good question about the wider advertisement – just to explain my “No” vote (and so far everyone voted “No”).

I think that since this is a curated presence of our community, some sort of base involvement is necessary. If you are not on the forum and just stop by on Twitter and fill out a form (and might not even be at FOSDEM) then that makes no sense.
(Just like with the program of our Summit: It’s decided by people who are there, who are active and who decide what they are interested in and what they want to work on.)

What do you think? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely agree Jan.

The reason I asked was 1) to get others opinions, 2) initially I was a little worried that we might not get a substantial number of people voting.

I didn’t think it’d be a good idea to have $RANDOM_INTERNET_PERSON voting, but wanted to ask others.

Also @AnXh3L0, you only voted on 2 talks → check out the other talk proposals too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed Jan.

Come on guys, this is supposed to be about supporting open source designers, all of them.

I tried to help everyone by summarising the subjects into keywords.

@AnXh3l0 would you vote for another 9-10 talks please?

I voted NO because this year it’s a bit late for this process: usually involving the wide community needs a bit of time to reach a conclusion.
Also, the open wider vote can influence some talks: so we need some rules in order to avoid biases and duplication of votes for people that really want to have a talk accepted (I’m just talking in theory).
We had an open vote in at least one other previous year.

1 Like