Underexposed 2019

Open call for designers and artists to participate in Simply Secure’s 2019 edition of Underexposed.

How can we design community norms in public spaces on the internet? What is responsible AI? How do privacy-enhancing technologies fit into people’s daily life? Can we make key exchange simple? How can we provide user control in decentralized systems?

This year, Simply Secure is piloting a new model for Underexposed: a short-term design residency. Underexposed Fellows from around the world will spend one week in Berlin, Germany focused on a project that they propose in the areas of ethical technology, responsible AI, civic empowerment, and internet freedom. Together, the cohort will use the residency to workshop their specific design challenge. Over the week they will find time for user research, independent work, lectures, design critiques and office hours with leaders in the field. Fellows will also have an opportunity to share their work with the public.

Have something you are working on? Want to spend a week in a dynamic design environment workshopping your project? Apply to join us in Berlin January 7-11, 2019.

Apply by: November 15, 2018
Selection by: December 1, 2018

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask me (here or dm)!

Link: Underexposed – Simply Secure
Application link: https://airtable.com/shrKZCRXy6tpTBJjK

2 Likes

I will tell my friends from Dark Crystal!