During our monthly open source design meeting this month I proposed creating a yearly zine!
I saw an open source zine like this and was inspired by it and maybe we could do something similar (could be physical OR purely online OR both?)
- A yearly zine to showcase either research, progress, achievements, FOSS meetings, and contributions from designers to open source projects (could be case study format)
- Potential to print physical and distribute at events (nice little takeaway)
- Showcase members from the community (get to know)
- Interview with open source projects, explaining their projects, how open source design has benefited them
I think it’s a nice way to tie a bow on the achievements of the community for each year. This list is optimistic since it’ll require cooperation from multiple parties but just some ideas.
If anyone is interested, please let me know. Let’s get to planning this thing! We can talk more at the next meeting or work it out in this thread.