This post is a wiki, you can edit it! - click on the ‘ Edit’ icon at the end of the post
Rough Agenda Ideas
Meta: Open source design - how we envision it, what we want for it
Work on the manifesto!
- how can we onboard designers in open source methods?
Help members build local communities
- meetup template
- resources to help onboard people in OSD
How do we organise the structure of OSD
- memberships, chapters etc?
- alliance of projects? how do we do it? who should be here?
- what’s the value of open source?
- outreach to projects who need better design
- discussion with projects to ensure good experiences for designers
- education about what design is
- how should the information be organised on the website
- what kind of landing pages do we need?
Tools/Platforms we use
- how do we use Open Collective/Discourse/Twitter/IRC/Github/Telegram etc?
- what’s happening? what events are people going to?
- where should OSD have a presence?
Open Source the summit!
- how is it organised?
- templates that we can provide
- tools and resources
- start a discourse topic
- what do we use it for
- what could we use it for
- how could we get more funding?
- ways of hacking tech ads
- eg. Peng Collective, Yes Men
How we do design systems at Red Hat
- workshop on Patternfly, usability feedback etc
- how can we be more open source in Red Hat design?
Making version control easier
- eg github desktop
- beaker browser
Version Control for design: diffing SVG
- what has been tried?
- what is needed?
- what is the simplest useful form of SVG diffing?
- normalisation of SVG before diffing
- geometric hashing of SVG
Tools that we use for design
- jan’s twitter poll
Cut, Copy & Paste workshop on how to onboard designers in open source
- what’s important to convey
- what are the tools you use? why?
Bringing non-open source designers into OSD
- introduction to open source culture
- what are the challenges and needs that we have?
- sharing experiences & difficulties particular to open source projects
Examples from usability testing at GNOME, Briar, etc
- tools & techniques used
- how to advocate and prepare for implementation of the research findings
- design for decentralized projects - challenges and opportunities
- review of existing decentralized projects?
- introduction to Beaker browser as an example