Notes from 4th June 2020 - 20.30 BST //
Open Source Design meeting
Evalica, Amit, Jan CB, Sam, Eriol,
Nextcloud event error & PR, discussed and fixed. Deleted Eriol’s PR where the link to next cloud is removed because it’s updated now and works!
Taiwan OSS event
- Eriol to connect Amit up with the team for Open Architecture via email
Libre graphics was last week
Swapping admin roles between
AP: Amit & Saptak aren’t in the core group list and need adding!
What is the role - Monitoring spam, similar to GitHub organisation, can set new categories, limit to 5 admins on the sponsored hosting. In practice the admins don’t do much
Roles in discourse 0 (new user)- 4 (leader) should allow everything except creation of new categories.
Prevented from replying more than 3 times - we increased this to 10
Swap the admin roles around? Don’t really need to until there’s something admins can do that others can’t.
Update build script Amit & Saptak
only separate repo is the jobs one needs merging
Can create folders in the presentations repo? < nope
Still maintain a log of stuff that happened and then points to their repo/location of slides/video.
Discussion about articles
- Not just the ones that we write but links out to other relevant articles.
- After conferences have short summaries and links out article
- Eriol to write up OSC - Africa article
Less things to maintain are good.
- UXBOX -> Penpot
- CEO role is open!
Open Source Design Summit
- Mozilla festival could host a summit
- Talks from Open Up global summit & fodder 2020 could also be part of the summit
- Decide the purpose
- Sam: format of events and workshops: libra graphics meeting, New Zealand miss so much of online conferences. When there is time zone overlaps and can take part in workshops and Q&A’s. Want to take part in active sessions and walkthroughs & explain thinking. Use the knowledge in the community and skill share 7 things that they can share.
- Would be nice to have 15 mins presentations to contribute to project.
- Panel’s and Q&A
- Still record it and have them re-watch later
Badges project with Sustain OSS
Eriol is gonna take this forward with sustain + open source design
Many different call times work for different zone
Actions from this meeting:
AP: Amit & Saptak aren’t in the core group list and need adding! < Eriol has done this
AP: Eriol will write up an OSCAfrica article draft
Actions carried over from last meeting:
AP: Eriol to connect Amit up with the team for Open Architecture via email
AP: Update build script Amit & Saptak
AP: Jobs repo needs merging into the main repo
FOSDEM 2020 actions: