Open Source Design Africa (OSDA).
Here is a summary of all our calls for the 12th of August.
Note taker: Suvwe
Summary by: Toria
There was a reintroduction for new members and a little catching up of older members, giving room for a friendly environment and discussions.
@brownie walked us through a recap of the last meeting as a source of reminder for all who attended and to keep members who were absent afloat.
- Goals that are intended to be accomplished in the community were discussed. Contributions and suggestions were welcome.
- There are currently open source projects being carried out, e.g., meshery.io, which was discussed, and people were invited to contribute.
- In addition, Victory pointed out that open source isn’t just about designing, but being active in the community as well.
- A twice-monthly meeting is being considered as the chapter expands.
Progress reports from previous meetings were discussed.
- Victory mentioned that a spreadsheet has been created, which is currently managed by @Nuel, to track projects needing contributions.
- It was brought to mind that meetings for OSDA and OSD were also considered open source contributions.
- We also talked about the upcoming GitHub webinar and the preparations to make the hacktoberfest event a success. There would be an open source workshop to teach new members how to contribute to open source.