Not being present in the fediverse is a huge missed oppertunity

I have to fully agree with your notion here :blush:

I am myself at @humanetech@mastodon.social, and I fell in love with all that I found and continue to find on the Fediverse. As such I am also very active in a number of other places, such as in the SocialHub community, where we work on the open standards and ecosystem that underly this new social fabric. I see Fediverse as a field lab for Humane Technology and a place to ‘do Social right’. We have adopted two slogans to capture this:

• United in Diversity
  • Social Networking Reimagined

The fediverse is quite active, but one should first find the right followers / following to build an interesting timeline. This is different than e.g. Twitter where the algorithm immediately starts to throw recommendations and putting you in an echo chamber based on your interactions.

Fediverse direly needs Designers like the members of this community to join the fray! There’s so much to to and there’s enormous untapped potential. Many opportunities remain as yet unexplored. On SocialHub I created the Fediverse Futures section, and at Lemmy (decentralized Reddit alternative) there’s a Fediverse Futures brainstorming companion. Both with some inspiring ideas, but just the tip of the iceberg touched. Here’s a Watchlist of current federated Applications that I help co-maintain.

My call to action: Designers, please join the Fediverse and build with us :rocket: