Super Awesome Future Design Tools Initiative

I use Scribus a lot - this is a powerful tool and although the development is happening, it feels it could need a boost.

FontForge is another tool that could need some help in the development side. The UI could be improve a lot which would already give it a really awesome feel.

Inkscape works well for me. If I could export to a CMYK printing format it would definitely make my life a lot simpler but it’s been really good for me anyway.

Inter-connection between these tools would also need improvement, to be able to import vector from inkscape to scribus or to font forge or to synfig studio flawlessly would be a good bonus.

I definitely would prefer to see the tools that are already there to be improved instead of starting a completely new set of tool.

One tool that I really would like to see develop is a pdf/png/jpg commenting tool. Like how on dropbox users can leave comments on each part of the pdf/png/jpg you upload:

• Public or private image
  • Password protected - but multiple person can access the file.
  • Commenting with location on the pdf
  • Versioning so that once the changes are made the file can be re-uploaded but the older version can be kept.
  • Self hosted

This thread talks about this exact problem actually: