It is often easy to read up on things but harder to imagine how to act based on what you read. The idea: have videos with small worked examples how we do use design and research methods, each 3-10min long showing a realistic, even if shortened work process and collect them.
Expert Review of and existing UI
Needs: A UI with no terrible, but findable issues
- Using heuristics
- Going though the UI
- Writing down possible problems
Doing a remote think-aloud test
Needs: Simple website and a simple task
- Focus on the think-aloud part, something like an open source version of the Nielsen example video
Asking open questions
Needs: Topic and two people to demonstrate this.
- Demonstrate some close/open questions to contrast them, somewhat similar to this
Needs: Two designs to compare. Efficiency should be relevant.
Compare two designs’ efficiencies by using Keystroke level modeling
Review Survey Questions
Needs: Example survey, ideally early state.
Instead of showing how a full survey is created, let’s just show how to correct some common errors like
- directing questions
- unclear scales (is 5 good and 1 bad or vice versa?)
- Double barrelled questions…