Introductions (come in, say hi)

Let’s connect Man
I am coming to your DM

1 Like

Hi, Everyone
Grant Here, I am new to open source design.
I am a designer from Nigeria, based in Abuja. Recently got interested in Open Source Design and decided to join an international community.
I am ready to learn and collaborate with ya’ll.
Cheers

3 Likes

Hey folks! Mathew here.

I’m an illustrator and visual designer from the Philippines, based in Singapore.

I’ve joined the Open Source Design Community a while back, when my friend introduced this community to me. There are tons of interesting stuff that I’m discovering from this group and would love to learn more about the Open Source world.

I would love to be able to contribute my skills to this group and hopefully get to know more folks along the way.

Cheers!

3 Likes

You are welcome Mathew-Wong

Your illustrations are great man. I’m playing around with Krita right now. Starting to get the hang of it.

Hi All, everyone can call me @raniaamina
Now i working as freelance designer and sometimes work on UI term.
I’m from Indonesia, currently i stay in Yogyakarta, a little city between middle java and west java. In this city, i met @jan, and he advice me to join OSD.

I active on several open source project both local on international as designer, i.e LibreOffice, GNOME, and openSUSE. In Indonesia, i handle a community called Gimpscape ID, it’s the biggest open source design community in Indonesia. Yeah, i think Gimpscape almost similar with OSD in some term.

Feel free to contact me, i active on Telegram @raniaamina , instagram, and at free time i write or make some video tutorial on my blog (raniaamina.id) and Youtube channel (https://youtube.com/c/raniaamina)

3 Likes

Greetings all.
I just became a new Opensourcedesign user. After a recent completion of a UX certification program from www.springboard.com I am seeking for any opportunity to volunteer in a design. If there is a need for extra hands and brain to conduct UX research and design please contact me. My graduation portfolio is available upon request. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

3 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

You’ll want to keep checking the jobs section of the website and forum for projects that you may want to pick up. https://opensourcedesign.net/jobs/

If you’re new to open source and how to contribute design to existing projects that aren’t on our jobs board then let me know, I have a couple of informal resources I can share.

3 Likes

I’m Ubong Mathew a UIUX designer
A referral of @Erioldoesdesign. I’m supper excited to finally discover a platform for designers as for coders
I’m here to also contribute my quota to open source projects
Please do well to notify me if there is any available
And I’m new here so I might want a little walk through the platform

2 Likes

Welcome :smiley: feel free to add in topics to the #lounge if you have questions or you are curious about anything. We’re a friendly bunch here :bouquet:

2 Likes

I’m quite new to open source designs and will love to find my way through it and how to contribute

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Rajat a frontend-developer & a student.
I found openSourceDesign at github, and really want to become a part of it.
Please guide me to become a better developer,
Thank You.

2 Likes

Hello all.
I’m a Product Designer from India. I’ve been (passive) part of this community for more than a year but now I want to participate in this pro-actively. I’m more interested in projects where I can conduct the research, own the Product, etc.
You can check out my portfolio here:

Thanks!

3 Likes

Welcome! the data modelling exercise you did for the shipping company is particularly interesting to me. I’d love to hear more about that some time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll surely talk about it more.

Hi everyone! I’m Mike (but many call by my handle nolski as well). I’m currently based in London, UK and work as a sort of aid sector technologist. I’ve recently co-founded a small non-profit called the Federation of Humanitarian Technologists which embeds within larger aid organizations and helps build open-source software solutions to streamline their programs. I’ve definitely waited far too long to join and introduce myself after hearing so many good things about this community so it is good to finally be here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Evalica
Nice to heard about you,
I am also looking for team of UX designer like you, to work in open source projects and also want to learn more about UX. So, that. I can help young designer for open source community.

1 Like

Hi, all
I am a Computer Science Student, the bad thing is we will not be having Graduation :sweat_smile: this year due to the pandemic.
I love Development, Design, Machine Learning. I was worried about not having a design community. Well I was wrong I have one good family now who are passionate and I love to help and learn from. Thanks for the community.

1 Like

hello my name is Brown Victory, i’m a UI/UX designer with knowledge of HTML and CSS. I’m a Nigerian. i really love to design and although I’ve only been designing for a few months, it is one of my favorite things to do. I’m really excited about this opportunity as i see it as a medium to learn and also give back to others who are new and incoming. improving on current designs and also being a part of events of this workspace would be my delight

2 Likes

HELLO @Erioldoesdesign I’m new to open source and i’d like to be pointed in any project i can contribute to.

2 Likes